I have many research interests in the areas of atmospheric hazards, extreme events, and applied climatology. Recent research has focused on:
- The impact of weather on transportation
- The climatology of various types of windstorms
- Geographies of wind fatalities, and of warned and unwarned fatalities due to convective wind and tornadoes
- The travel of tornado debris
- Extreme precipitation events and how these may change under a changing climate
- Public perception and understanding of National Weather Service watches, warnings, and advisories for severe weather
Updates on current and ongoing projects can be found below. You can also view a brief CV. Other items coming soon!